Record Highs Continue for Hyundai
Hyundai continued its record-breaking run with another strong sales result achieved in March.
Record high month end results were achieved by i20 with 579 units sold, i45 with 452 units sold, and ix35 finishing the month with 982 units sold. Meanwhile the multi-award winning Hyundai iLoad range continued to deliver outstanding sales results, securing first place in the van segment for a second consecutive month with 680 units and a segment share of 30%.
Hyundai Motor Company Australia (HMCA) posted its second highest March sales result since the brand was introduced to Australia in 1986, realising a total market share of 7.6% placing the brand at sixth position for the month in total sales (and fifth for the year to date).
In passenger car sales, HMCA ranked fourth for the month with 5,036 vehicles sold representing a market share of 10% for the month.
Hyundai Motor America (HMA) March results were 61,873 units, up 32 percent compared with the same period last year and up 42 percent over February. For the year, total Hyundai sales are up 28 percent, with retail volume up 46 percent, representing an all-time record first-quarter performance for HMA.
“While overall industry sales for March were slightly down, results indicate HMCA is tracking on target to achieve steady growth in 2011,” said Damien Meredith, Director of Sales Hyundai Motor Company Australia. “Hyundai will introduce four all-new models to the Australian market in 2011, therefore consolidating our market position is important as we head towards a strong second half of the year.”
Hyundai’s Australian highlights include:
- Getz ranked second in the light car segment achieving 1,463 vehicle sales and a market share of 12.5%.
- i20 ranked ninth in the light car segment posting a sales result of 579 units and 4.9% market share (the highest on record).
- i30 ranked fourth in the light car segment achieving 2,376 vehicle sales and a market share of 11.9%.
- i45 ranked fifth in the medium car segment posting a sales result of 452 units and an 8.7% market share (the highest on record).
- ix35 ranked sixth in the SUV compact segment achieving 982 vehicle sales and a market share of 4.5% (the highest on record).
- iLoad ranked first in the van segment after posting a sales result of 680 units and a market share of 30% (the highest on record).