• We mainly collect information about your contact details (including your name, address, email address, phone, mobile numbers and social media handles). • There may be circumstances where we may require other personal information from you, such as a copy of your driver's licence if you participate in a test drive or your financial information if you are seeking or obtain finance for the purchase of a Hyundai vehicle. If you finance your Hyundai vehicle with Hyundai Finance we may collect information about the finance, such as the amount financed and the type of finance product. • We may collect information about your Hyundai vehicle, including its number plate and vehicle identification number (VIN). • We may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information relating to your dealings with Hyundai or Hyundai dealers (such as details of vehicle/s purchased and service & repair history). • If you register with myHyundai, we may collect information from you about your hobbies, favourite sports and other interests, if you choose to give us that information, which we may use to send you offers or invite you to events which we think could be of interest to you. Other personally identifiable information may also be collected, such as demographic information about your age, gender and occupation, if you choose to give us that information. • If you use our Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band, we may also collect information (some of which may be personal information about you), including:
- the number of trips and distances that you have driven; - the location of your vehicle, including historical locations; - vehicle diagnostic information, such as tyre pressure, amount of fuel in the tank and engine information; - vehicle driving information, such as speed, braking and acceleration information; and - mobile phone information such as number, model, operating system and personal location data where you have activated location services on your mobile device.
- the number of trips and distances that you have driven;
- the location of your vehicle, including historical locations;
- vehicle diagnostic information, such as tyre pressure, amount of fuel in the tank and engine information;
- vehicle driving information, such as speed, braking and acceleration information; and
- mobile phone information such as number, model, operating system and personal location data where you have activated location services on your mobile device.
• we will collect or receive your personal information from an authorised Hyundai dealer if you purchase a new or used Hyundai vehicle, part or accessory from an authorised Hyundai dealer, and/or arrange finance for the purchase of your Hyundai vehicle, or take a test drive at an authorised Hyundai dealer;
• we will also collect or receive your personal information from an authorised Hyundai dealer if you have your Hyundai vehicle serviced or repaired at an authorised Hyundai dealer, or book your Hyundai vehicle with a Hyundai dealer for service or repair;
• we will collect or receive your personal information from the third party provider of Hyundai Finance if you arrange finance for Hyundai vehicle with the third party provider of Hyundai Finance; • we may collect personal information directly from you if you make an enquiry about Hyundai vehicles, parts, accessories or services, or if you request a test drive, brochure, specification sheet, information or other materials about our Hyundai vehicles, parts, accessories or services;
• if you deal with us online, including via our website or through social media channels; • If you use our Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band or; • if you enter a Hyundai trade promotion carried out by Hyundai (including on social media channels) or a trade promotion carried out by a third party with official affiliation with or support from Hyundai;
• if you participate in a Hyundai marketing, product development, profiling, survey or research campaign, including on social media channels; • if you request roadside assistance services; • if you apply for a job at Hyundai, from you directly and from your referees;
• if you perform work for Hyundai under a service arrangement, from your employer or labour agency;
• if you are employed by or contracted to an authorised Hyundai dealer, directly from you or from that dealer; • from publicly available sources;
• we may also collect your personal information from third parties, including our service providers, entities and clubs sponsored by or affiliated with us, or from our contractors and agents..
• we collect your personal information so that we can do business together and for reasons related to our business operations, such as to ensure we deliver quality products and services to our customers and potential customers; • to respond to your enquiries about our Hyundai vehicles, parts, accessories, services or offers; • to process sales orders and administer accounts, warranty records and vehicle service records; • to provide you and our authorised Hyundai dealers with necessary support;
• to attend to or assist in the servicing or repair of your Hyundai vehicle, including the provision of roadside assistance services and online vehicle service & repair booking facilities with or for Hyundai dealers; • for product development, market research, and other marketing and promotional activities; • to carry out our legal compliance obligations, such as to conduct a product safety recall where necessary; • if you use our Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band, to provide you with notifications and information about your vehicle;
• to inform you of a field service action affecting your Hyundai vehicle; • to send you service reminders;
• to contact you directly or through our service providers and research agencies, to obtain your feedback and find out your level of satisfaction with our products, services and our authorised Hyundai dealers; • to contact you if you are a winner of a Hyundai trade promotion that you enter; • if you apply for a job at Hyundai, to consider your application.
We may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as sending you mail or emails with details of new Hyundai vehicles or services, special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You can contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing material. If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing material you receive from a Hyundai dealer, please contact that dealer directly.
•Hyundai and our authorised Hyundai dealers share personal information about Hyundai customers and prospective customers, so we may disclose your personal information to our authorised Hyundai dealers and vice versa. •our employees, officers, contractors, service providers and agents (such as mailing houses, marketing agencies, market research providers, printers, roadside assistance service providers, insurance providers, financiers, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers); •our related and affiliated companies within Hyundai Motor Group; •our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors; •if you perform work for Hyundai under a service arrangement, to your employer or labour agency; •if you apply for a job at Hyundai, to contracted service providers for purposes such as screening, skill or aptitude testing and human resource management activities; •if you use our Hyundai Auto Link service, the Hyundai Auto Link app or the Hyundai Auto Link Smart Key Band, to our authorised dealers and technology service providers in connection with the operation of the Hyundai Auto Link service. We may also disclose this information to insurance providers in order for them to provide tailored insurance policies to you; •if your vehicle is provided by your employer as part of a corporate or government fleet policy, we may also disclose certain information to your employer, including the location of your vehicle from time to time; •any third parties to whom you direct or permit us to disclose your personal information; •third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
You are here: